The first wooden church in Palonka was built back in the second half of the XIX century, but over time it became dilapidated and was dismantled. In 1937, the wooden church of St. Nicholas in retrospect Russian style was erected at the same place, which can still be seen today.
The main decoration of the temple is a three-tier bell tower. The main volume is crowned by a drum covered with a tent and decorated with an onion head. Similar domes are placed at the corners of the log cabin. There is also an apse with side vestry. Outside the church is covered with tessellation and painted blue, which blends harmoniously with the white platbands and yellow corners.